As you can see from this picture, my mother comes by the name “Big Anne” honestly. Ok, well it may not be so apparent next to my son who is at least a foot taller than her.
She is “Big Anne” because even though she has a small stature she has a very big reach.
When we were kids all she had to do was look at us and we would straighten up. The pool was in our backyard and my cousins towered over her but just one crack of the window and we would all freeze frame on the pool deck.
Here are my top 10 nuggets from my mom:
10. Thanks for making me spell the word A.T.T.I.T.U.D.E. when I was a kid. As it turns out, a good one is nearly all you need to live a good life.
9. You were right about not fighting with my sister and pulling all her long straight hair out when we were kids because she ended up being my best friend.
8. Homemade birthday cakes really are better. Thanks for that!
7. You will always be my Miss America to me. I remember watching the pageant every year and being envious of their long legs and their long hair and before she would kiss me good night she would give me that affirmation…a very sweet memory. We also got to meet several of them and go to dinner with them because somehow my father booked their first public appearance at his car dealership for the new car introduction. Amazing when I think back…
6. Treating your mother-in-law well is just another way to show your husband you love him. Thank you for modeling that for me.
5. I’m no better than anyone else. BUT, no one is better than me. Wow…I just love that one…
4. You want to do it, then do it. She was way before Nike’s time!
3. Think about how long you think something will take and double it. God I wish I paid attention to that one more…
2. Friends may come and go but family is forever.
1. Faith, family and food…and if you can have all three at the same time you are triply blest.
Have a yummy day!