|1||Package Frozen Puff Pastry (defrost per package instructions)|
|2||Medium Apples (peeled and cored)|
|½||Cup Granulated Sugar|
|1||Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon|
|1||Teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg|
|2/3||Cup Vanilla Rum|
|1||Package Caramel Sauce|
- Defrost Puff Pastry
- Preheat oven to 425o
- Put raisins in large microwavable bowl and cover with water. Microwave for five minutes or until water is rapidly boiling. Drain and put back in microwavable bowl.
- Quarter Apples equally. Add to bowl with raisins.
- Add Sugar, Flour, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Allspice and Rum. Stir well and microwave on high five minutes stirring once.
- Lightly spray cupcake pans with cooking spray.
- Meanwhile, gently unfold one sheet of Puff Pastry onto a lightly floured cutting board. Use pizza cutter to cut in even quarters.
- Gently place one Puff Pastry square in cupcake tin using only three cups (two on one side, one on other).
- Spoon one apple piece with some raisins and juice in each cup. Bring the four points of pastry together and pinch to close at top leaving the opening on the sides.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool about 5 minutes. Gently remove and cool on rack.
- Serve warm with hot Caramel Sauce or whipped cream.
Makes 8 Apple Shooters