• 1 lb Golden Raisins
• 1 lb Bacon (cut into little pieces)
• 1 lb Sage Breakfast Sausage
• 1-2 Small Onions, finely chopped
• 6-7 Stalks Celery, finely chopped
• 1 Stick Butter
• 2 Bags Stuffing Croutons (I use Arnold Stuffing)
• 2 Eggs
• Cook the pieces with the turkey like the neck, etc. remove from turkey and bag. Put in medium sauce pan with a quartered onion and peppercorns. Bring to a boil and simmer for an hour. Strain the liquid and use instead of water in the stuffing.
Put the raisins in a microwave safe bowl, cover with water and microwave for 10 minutes.
In a large skillet, on medium heat cook bacon, sausage, onion and celery until the onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat. Add butter and let melt.
In large bowl, add bacon and sausage mixture and drained raisins. Add stuffing mix to the bowl and add at least a cup of water (or the stock from the turkey parts). Beat two eggs and lightly stir until the mixture is wet.
Chop the turkey parts and remove the meat from the neck and add to stuffing, if desired.
If you are not stuffing your bird or have more than will fit inside, you can butter a table ready casserole, fill with remaining stuffing, add one cup of stock or dry white wine and dot with butter. Bake for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees (or up to 400 degrees depending on what else is in your oven) covered until the last ten minutes. Remove the cover and let get crisp on top. If there is not enough room in your oven, when you remove your turkey to rest for 30 minutes then carve, put the casserole in. It will be perfectly cooked in time for dinner.
JudeTheFoodie.com Have a yummy day!!