Today I will:
Decide what I am baking.
1. Cut Out Cookies – I use the “Deluxe Sugar Cookie” recipe from the book shown above. It is Betty Crocker‘s Christmas Cookbook Copyright 1982 by General Mills. It is a great recipe, delicate and buttery… Recipe to follow later.
2. Magic Cookie Bars – I always say I’m going to make these during the year but usually save the treat for Christmas.
3. Oatmeal Crackles – these are one of my son’s favorites.
4. Shortbread – I use a recipe from my friend Lauren. Years ago I attended a cookie exchange. It was fun and I loved the sisterhood of sharing.
1 pound butter
1 cup sugar
4 1/2 cups flour
Cream together butter and sugar. Add flour one cup at a time. Press into 13″ x 9″ glass baking dish. Score with fork. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Couldn’t be easier.
5. Chocolate Spice Cookies – I got this one from my mother. It is made with a cake mix. Boom!
Chocolate Spice Cookies…to be continued…